According to my childbirth class instructor, first pregnancies last an average of 41.3 weeks.
It seems like most people I follow on here have had their baby either before or right around their due date. I’ve only encountered a few that have gone to 41 weeks or beyond. So I kind of wonder how true this statistic is, or if I just happen to be surrounded by people who aren’t “average” :P
- curiouscurses answered: I am 40 weeks tday
- mustbethosenargles answered: I had my son around 39 weeks!
- birdschart answered: 39wks 2days
- batmomma said: At 41 weeks and 2 days I had Noah. I was over due and had high blood pressure so they were to induce me but got a membrane sweep, went in labor 12 hours later needed Pitocin, another 12 hours and ended up needing a c-section.
- alternate-universes said: 37w5d~
- mytwolittlesunshines answered: My waters started to leak on my due date. By time he was induced and born it was 40+3. My SIL was 41+something with both her kids. x
- momof3b0ys said: 38 wks both pregnancies
- ledbacktolove likes this
- pieconspiracy answered: 32 weeks. No where near the average.
- twolittledoudicans answered: 40 weeks & 2 days :]
- sandraandra answered: I was 41 wks!
- baaby-maama answered: 35 weeks because of complications.
- organicmommy answered: 42 weeks exactly
- juliaschild posted this